New Jersey Pet Sitting™ - General Policies
- Consultation visit - You will receive a free visit consultation from New Jersey Pet Sitting to meet you and your pet. During this visit we will discuss all important issues with you and can help you fill out the necessary documents. This is the time to provide New Jersey Pet Sitting with two keys to your house, a garage door opener and any security alarm codes.
- Visit times - We will do our best to accommodate your needs and will visit at the requested time as closely as possible. However, if an unforeseen situation arises, the time may be adjusted.
- Rabies Vaccination - We need a copy of the current rabies certification. Please provide this copy on the date of the initial visit. We will keep this record on file. This is very important for your own pet's health as well as for the other pets in our care.
- Service Confirmation - We will make a confirmation call or e-mail no less than two days before each departure in order to verify that all information is still correct. Since phone messages or e-mail can get lost, please make sure that we speak either personally or our e-mail is acknowledged. This is to ensure your pet's needs are carried out as intended.
- Security System - Please put a temporary non-master code on your security system for our use.
- Cancellations and Early Returns - We understand that your plans may change. Please understand that we do not overbook and turned away business to ensure we could perform your requested sittings. Therefore and we do not charge for cancellations with adequate notice. Cancellation fees are necessary to ensure our business viability and our independent contractor's livelihood. The fees are as follows:
- More than 7 days prior to start: No charge
- 4-7 days prior to start: 50%
- 1-3 days prior to start: 75%
- Day of or during the sitting: 100% of the next 3 days, 75% of the follow on days
- Refunds and Credits - All refunds are credited to future services.
- Emergency Contact - New Jersey Pet Sitting requests the name and phone number of a person living nearby. This should be a person close enough to walk to your home, if roads are impassable.
- Inclement Weather - You entrust New Jersey Pet Sitting to use our best judgment in caring for your pets and home. If we are servicing you at the time of inclement weather (primarily severe snow or rain storms and flooding), we will carry out your instructions to the best of our ability. The care we provide to your pets and their safety is our first concern. The client's selection of a nearby emergency contact has been requested. The inclement weather plan will be as follows: Every effort will be made to drive to your home; the service schedule may be changed, interrupted or altered due to the circumstances. If it is not possible to drive safely to your home, your emergency contact will be notified. You will be notified about the activation of the inclement weather plan.
- Access to your Home by Others - If the client allows any other person access to their home during New Jersey Pet Sitting contract period, New Jersey Pet Sitting cannot be held liable for any damages to property or pets as a result. Please notify us if someone will be in your home during your absence along with contact information for this person.
- Fences - Fenced yards are wonderful play spaces for pets, however no fence system is totally secure for your pet's safety. New Jersey Pet Sitting does not accept responsibility or liability for any pet that is injured or becomes lost, when the pets are left out or given access to a fenced area.
- Pet and house clean-up - New Jersey Pet Sitting will properly dispose of pet waste and we will do our best to clean up any accidents your pet may have, however, New Jersey Pet Sitting is not responsible for carpet or floor stains created by your pet. We do request that you provide plastic bags, towels, cleaning products, paper towels and trash bags. Please let us know where you would like the waste disposed of.
- Leashes - All dogs are leashed during outdoor walks without exception.
- Unforeseen purchases - Although we will ask you to have a larger supply of food, litter, and cleaning supplies available, an unforeseen purchase may be needed for your pets well-being. We will retain a receipt and the customer will be responsible for reimbursement of these items.
- Veterinarian care - We request all our clients to sign the emergency care form, which enables us to seek veterinarian care in case of an emergency. We will first contact your veterinarian but should we not be able to reach them, we will call one of the emergency clinics in the immediate area. New Jersey Pet Sitting also requests that along with the emergency care form that you call you veterinarian and advise them in advance, that New Jersey Pet Sitting will be caring for your pet and that they make a note on your file stating such.
- Confirm that you are back home - Please let us know when you have returned home safely. Otherwise New Jersey Pet Sitting will continue visiting to assure the safety and well-being for your pets. Please call at any hour and leave a voice message that you have returned.
- After the service - After you are back home we will contact you and hope you found your pet and your house as you like it. If you are not already doing so, consider letting New Jersey Pet Sitting retain your house key. In the event of an unexpected trip, you'll be glad you did. Keys are kept in a secured lock system and are coded for client's confidentiality. If you need your key back we will send it either by U.S. mail or will drop it off at your house. Your garage door opener will be put on an agreed upon spot on our last day of booked service.
- Payment - We never overbook, therefore a minimum of 50% of your total payment is due at the time of booking to reserve and guarantee your space. The balance is then to be paid in full before we begin our services. If full payment has not been received before we arrive, we will be forced to cancel your sitting and our cancellation fees will apply. We charge $35 for returned checks to cover bank service charges.
We are Bonded and Insured. Call us at 973-229-8453 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org